Here's the picture that best describes my life.
- I like suits. I have suits. I just don't wear them anymore. I am a suit kind of guy. I am more a manhattan than a beer. My neighborhood bar serves beer.
- I always have my hands in my pockets. Often it's to prevent me from hitting someone. And often it's because I'm in a great deal of pain and I clinch my fists in the hope I won't scream or cry. Mostly it's because I carry my rosary in my pocket and I often pray it while I walk.
- I'm always waiting. Always. My life is about waiting. And hope.
- I'm a very social person. I laughed because I took 15 different people into my favorite bar in the last 3 weeks. Yet everyone always tells me I'm "unique." Unique is a sad and lonely word. There's no two in unique. I'm never lonely; I'm always alone. I'm often sad. My life is often about loss.
- I have the ability to walk away. I can walk away. I can forget.
- I live on the edge. I live at the peak. I live with my soul exposed. I live unzipped.
- It's faceless. I'm cloaked in anonymity. Not by my choice. I'm either read by those who don't know me or I'm surrounded by those who don't understand me. I'm "unique." I am unlike. I have no features that are alike.
- It's the cover of my novel. I've put 4 years into my novel. It is the summation of my career.